Facebook Logo

Twitter Logo

Winnebago County Logo

Auxilary Police Logo

Project Lifesaver Logo

Officers standing by squad cars
Motorcycle Unit and CCOV in a parade
Officers at a community fun run
Officers high fiving citizens at a community event
Officers at a charity event with the CCOV
Honor Gaurd folding the American flag
Officer at a school
Officers standing at attention

File a Formal Complaint against an Officer/Employee

If you are wishing to report something that is in progress or want an officer to respond please call the Oshkosh Police Department non-emergency number (920) 236-5700. If you are reporting an emergency please dial 911

Your opinions are very important to us and we are committed to accept, investigate, and promptly respond to all citizen complaints about Department policies, procedures, or employee conduct. If you wish to file a formal complaint, please call (920)236-5700, choose option #1, and ask to speak with an Officer. You may also report in person to the Oshkosh Police Department, located at 420 Jackson Street, and ask to speak with a Supervisor.

As an alternative, you can contact the Secretary of the Police and Fire Commission through the City of Oshkosh Human Resources Office at 920-236-5110.

Click the “Policies” link and then select “Browse” to find Policy 103 – Internal Affairs Investigations, to view more information on formal complaints.